Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What? Yet Another Blog?

So hello there! I am Angela and I have a blog about dating in your late 30's during a divorce and a blog about the things my ex says to our kids. What I didn't have was a blog about the underbelly of divorce. All those painful things that bubble to the surface and the healing process. And it came to me that there really aren't a lot of blogs that share that raw emotion that comes with a divorce. So here I am.

I left my ex in May of 2013. He was emotionally and financially abusive and we were together a total of 17 years (although only married 6 1/2). We have 3 children together and we have joint custody. Since having left him, I have done quite well. I smile a lot, I look at people in the eye, I have decent self esteem about myself, and I don't have near the anger issues I once had. But I am not perfect. I still have loads of baggage that needs to be dealt with. And one thing I don't do well is talking about my emotions.

That's where this blog comes in. I plan on getting raw here. I mean gut-wrenching, tissue-clenching, heart-breaking raw. This isn't meant much more than to help me purge the baggage but if you join me on the journey, hopefully you can learn a thing or two from my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment